Reduction, Refinement, and Replacement (3Rs) Leadership Group
Established in January 2012, the Reduction, Refinement, and Replacement Leadership Group (3Rs LG) is an association of senior veterinarians and 3Rs specialists from IQ member companies that meet on a regular basis to review and discuss common scientific and regulatory issues and topics surrounding the use of animals.
The mission of the 3Rs Leadership Group is to promote sharing and integration of science and technology to advance the Reduction, Refinement, and Replacement of animals used in the discovery and development of new medicines, vaccines, medical devices and health care products for humans and animals.
Current Working Groups sponsored by the 3Rs LG include
- CRO Outreach WG: Explores possible collaborative opportunities with CROs in the implementation of 3Rs
- European Liaison WG: Establishes strong working relationships with European organisations involved in promoting the 3Rs
- IQ/ AAALAC Global 3Rs Award WG: Creating a Global 3Rs Award Program
- Position Paper WG: Drafting a position paper on the 3Rs in order to communicate that the 3Rs are both the basis of good science and consistent with good business
- US NGO Outreach WG: Strives to further understand NGO activities and research in the 3Rs and explore opportunities for collaboration
- Microphysiological Systems IQ/NIH Collaboration: A cross-LG Working Group (3Rs LG, DruSafe, Drug Metabolism LG, Clinical Pharmacology LG) that facilitates the partnership between the IQ Consortium and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) to support the Microphysiological Systems (MPS) Program.
Archived Working Groups sponsored by the 3Rs LG include
- US Regulatory Outreach WG: Strives to understand regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA, USDA, ICCVAM) perspectives and activities in the 3Rs space and explore possibilities for collaboration
- Benchmarking WG: Gathers information from IQ member companies about key 3Rs topics and activities in order to establish the depth, breadth and range of our 3Rs initiatives