3Rs CRO Outreach Working Group
Many of the IQ member companies frequently partner with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) to conduct animal studies in support of both drug discovery and development. Thus, having our CRO partners aligned with our member companies regarding the 3Rs would be a benefit for the whole industry.
Mission and Objectives
To collaboratively partner across industry to foster the highest standards of scientific excellence and animal welfare with a focus on continued advancement in application of the 3Rs.
3Rs member company representative will work with CRO partner representatives to identify opportunities to evaluate and enhance 3Rs practices for animal studies.
- Collaboration between Sponsors and CROs: Understanding the Impact of Time Pressure on the 3Rs (2014)
- Recommended Dose Volumes for Common Laboratory Animal (2016)
- Guidelines for Blood Collection for Common Laboratory Animals (2016)
- Positive Reinforcement Training in Nonhuman Primates: An Industry Perspective (2016)
- Updated Animal Care & Use Program Assessment Tool for Contract Organizations (Comprehensive version and Low Risk version) (2019)
- Supportive care for animals on toxicology studies: An industrial best practices survey conducted by the IQ 3Rs TPS CRO Outreach Working Group (2021)
Rodent Husbandry in Biopharmaceutical Industry & Multinational CROs: Benchmarking for Refinement (publication)
Updated September 2021