About the IQ Consortium®
The International Consortium for Innovation and Quality in Pharmaceutical Development (IQ Consortium® or IQ) is a technically-focused organization of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies with a mission of advancing science and technology to augment the capability of member companies to develop transformational solutions that benefit patients, regulators and the broader R&D community.
The IQ Consortium has ongoing initiatives that span the drug development process: we are active in the areas of chemistry, manufacturing and control; preclinical safety; drug metabolism; clinical pharmacology; quality; and the reduction, refinement, and replacement of animal testing. Within the IQ Consortium:
- The IQ Board of Directors is responsible for strategic oversight of the consortium’s portfolio and is the primary decision-making body.
- Leadership Groups are standing, discipline-specific forums that allow experts in major areas of pharmaceutical science to discuss and construct strategies to address key challenges. Leadership Groups are also responsible for encouraging collaboration within the organization, particularly across disciplines. For a complete list of IQ Leadership Groups, see Initiatives.
- Working Groups are project-based expert groups formed to address specific, critical, and timely issues in drug development. Working groups are sponsored and overseen by the Leadership Groups, and sunset upon completion of their work. They frequently undertake data-sharing and benchmarking activities, among others.
- Affiliates are mechanism by which a subset of member companies can take on special initiatives within the IQ framework, yet have their own budgets, steering committees, and priorities
- Contains established cross-pharma governance structure
- Membership and data-sharing agreements already established
- Database solution available to support data-sharing projects
Current IQ Consortium Affiliates:
- Drug Induced Liver Injury (DILI) -- 2016
- Microphysiological Systems (MPS) -- 2018
You can learn more about current our current focus and activities by reading our Strategic Plan and exploring the Initiatives section of our website.
Engaging with the Broader Scientific and Regulatory Communities
The IQ Consortium believes in collaboration – within our organization and within the scientific and regulatory community more broadly. We make a practice of sharing our work and seeking to facilitate constructive scientific exchange through publications, scientific conferences, workshops and roundtables. We also welcome opportunities to collaborate directly with organizations and individuals outside of IQ member companies, and have established active partnerships with governmental bodies, other trade groups, and academic researchers.