3Rs (Replacement, Reduction, Refinement) Translational and Predictive Sciences Leadership Group
Established in January 2012, the 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction, Refinement) Translational and Predictive Sciences Leadership Group (LG) is an association of senior veterinarians and 3Rs specialists from IQ member companies that meet on a regular basis to review and discuss common scientific and regulatory issues and topics surrounding the use of animals.
The mission of the 3Rs Translational and Predictive Sciences Leadership Group is to promote sharing and integration of science and technology to advance the Replacement, Reduction, and Refinement of animals used in the discovery and development of new medicines, vaccines, medical devices and health care products for humans and animals.
Active working groups as well as historical initiatives sponsored by the 3Rs Translational and Predictive Sciences LG are listed on the left. Click on each to learn more.
- IQ 3Rs Benchmarking Survey: Strengths, Opportunities and Next Steps (2012)
- IQ Symposium Poster: 3Rs LG Benchmarking Survey Results (2012)
- IQ 3Rs Leadership Group Benchmarking Survey Results FELASA (2013)
- IQ 3Rs Leadership Group Benchmarking Presentation for the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM) (2013)
- IQ 3Rs Leadership Group Update for the European Partnership for Alternative Approaches to Animal Testing (EPAA) (2013)
- Collaboration between Sponsors and CROs: Understanding the Impact of Time Pressure on the 3Rs (2014)
- 3Rs Trends in Housing and Husbandry Practices for Common Laboratory Animals (2014)
- Special Issue: Global 3Rs Efforts – Making Progress and Gaining Momentum (2015)
- Recommended Dose Volumes for Common Laboratory Animal (2016)
- Guidelines for Blood Collection for Common Laboratory Animals (2016)
- Positive Reinforcement Training in Nonhuman Primates: An Industry Perspective (2016)
- IQ Consortium Comments in Response to Request for Information on Identifying Regulatory Reform Initiatives (2018)
- The 3Rs: Considerations for Contracted Research Webinar (2018)
- Review of Impact Pinworm Presence in Toxicology Studies (2018)
- Updated Animal Care & Use Program Assessment Tool for Contract Organizations (Comprehensive version and Low Risk version) (2019)
- An IQ Consortium Perspective on The Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks Final Opinion on The need for non-human primates in biomedical research, production and testing of products and devices (2019)
- Supportive care for animals on toxicology studies: An industrial best practices survey conducted by the IQ 3Rs TPS CRO Outreach Working Group (2021)
For more information about any of the 3Rs TPS initiatives, please contact the IQ Secretariat.
Updated September 2021