MAGGIE LIU, PhD
IQ DruSafe Member(2017-Present)
IQ DruSafe Severely Debilitating Life Threatening Working Group Co-Chair (2019-Present)
IQ DruSafe Covid-19 Working Group (2021-Present)
PhD, Immunology, Yale University
WHAT IS THE HISTORY OF YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH THE IQ CONSORTIUM?
I was a Director of Science, Regulation and Policy at Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP and served as part of the IQ Secretariat team for 8 years. I worked closely with the IQ Board of Directors, executive committees, and various LGs, WGs and affiliates; I had a close-up view of IQ! I currently lead the Global Regulatory Submission Scientists team in Pfizer Drug Safety R&D organization, but remain active in IQ now as a member where I co-chair two DruSafe Working Groups (WG): Severely Debilitating Life T WG and COVID-19 WG
WHAT BENEFITS HAVE YOU AND YOUR COMPANY ENJOYED AS MEMBERS OF IQ?
- Peer networks of the strongest industry leaders and scientists with similar interests and goals
- Safe environment to share blinded pre-competitive data
- Consistent and effective legal and scientific support from the IQ Secretariat
REGARDING IQ’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS, WHAT STANDS OUT TO YOU?
- Establishment of IQ Database and Data-sharing framework
- Reputation with US FDA as credible science-focused industry partner
WHAT FACTORS HAVE SHAPED THE GROWTH OF IQ? IS THERE A “SPECIAL SAUCE” AT PLAY?
- Strong leadership of IQ Board and various LGs and WGs
- Peer networks of scientists of similar background and interest
- Strong professional support from IQ Secretariat